In Music we aim to:
Support the development of many crucial learning characteristics and enable children to achieve ‘My Personal Best’ and the values of Sandy Hill Academy.
In Music, pupils are actively encouraged to engage with music as part of a healthy, balanced approach to learning.
At Sandy Hill Academy we:
- Provide music curriculum lessons that are timetabled and sequenced to allow the progressive development of learning skills and knowledge through regular teaching/weekly teaching
- Schemes of Work appropriately reflect the learning needs of all pupils, to allow engaged learning to take place.
- The music curriculum is broad and balanced to reflect the needs of all learners.
- Pupils and staff demonstrate a willingness to participate in and respond positively to artistic, musical and cultural opportunities.
- Pupils are able to positively articulate their experiences of music that they are exposed to through their school life.
- Pupils are able to express themselves through music both in the curriculum, and through programmed extra-curricular activities.
- To deliver high-quality singing lessons
- To provide weekly singing opportunities: through collective worship, choir, vocal lessons from peripatetic teachers and cross-curricular learning.
- Our school proactively uses music to promote fundamental British Values.
- Our school uses music to engage parents/carers and the wider community.
Listening to and appraise a piece of music
NC Aim: Perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of great composers and musicians.