At Sandy Hill Academy, our vision is to provide all children with the ability to:
- Delve deeper and make connections to the past and the world in which they live now.
- Actively explore different periods of time as well as cultures, in order to paint a bigger picture of how life today came about.
- Acquire the skills needed to be a good historian.
- Practice and refine research skills in order to gather information.
- Question information for authenticity, perspective and reliability.
- Understand the complexity of people’s lives.
- Understand the process of change.
- Understand the diversity of societies and relationships between different groups, as well as their own identity and the challenges of their time.
We want our pupils to be passionate about history, to foster an awe and to wonder about the past and to actively ask ‘why’ events happened.