FOR THE BREAK DOWN OF THE FUNDING AND UP TO DATE IMPACT OF SPORTS PREMIUM SPENDING, PLEASE CLICK THE ABOVE LINKS
“We aim to be STARS”
Primary School PE and Sport Funding 2016/17
The Government has provided funding of £150 million per annum across the UK. The money that each school receives has been ring fenced so that it can only be used to increase participation in and improvement of the quality of sport and PE for all children. Each school will receive a lump sum of £8000 plus £5 per child.
What will Sandy Hill Academy use this funding for?
‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013)
Our vision for PE and Sport at Sandy Hill Academy is that there will be
- High quality teaching and learning across the school in all sports and physical activities.
- Children who are physically literate through possessing the fundamental movement skills.
- Children gain a good understanding of health and fitness and strive to improve this.
- Larger numbers of children taking part in extra-curricular sports clubs, intra-school competitions and in representing the school at festivals, matches and performances.
- Children gain experiences of a wider range of physical activities.
- Opportunity for children to not only play but to coach and lead physical activities or sports.