This week in English we have been learning about Guy Fawkes and the gunpowder plot. We wrote some instructions about how to use a sparkler safely using imperative verbs ('bossy' verbs). We thought carefully about the structure of our writing, remembering to use a title and numbered bullet points.
We also wrote an acrostic poem based on sparklers.
In Maths we continued looking at addition and subtraction. We used known number bonds to support us to add and subtract. In Maths we also learnt how to exchange a stick of ten for ten ones in our jottings if we had a sum which required this exchange e.g. 23 - 17 = as in their sum there are only 3 ones in the number 23 by we need to subtract 7 ones when taking 17.
In Topic we learnt about Remembrance Day and why it is held. We made our own remembrance poppy and created a wreath for our classroom window. On Friday we held a two minute silence at school.
- Friday 17th November is Children in Need. Your child may come to school in spotty and/or bright coloured clothing. 50p donation.
- saturday 18th November St. Austell torchlight carnival.
- Tuesday 28th November the school photographers are in from 8:30am-9:00 to take any photos with siblings that were missed/absent on the original day.
- please ensure your child's Nativity costume is sent in a clearly marked carrier bag.
- Monday 18th December 1:30pm and Tuesday 19th December 9:30am KS1 Nativity-please check the classroom window and book bags for letters about how to purchase tickets.
- Friday 20th December school finishes at 2pm. This will be Christmas lunch and Christmas jumper day.