Problem solving (19.1.18)
This week in Year Two we have been continuing to learn about castles. We completed some cross-curricular writing about the various parts of castles after learning about their purpose. Everyone in class shared their ideas before beginning to write. This provided an opportunity to 'magpie' vocabulary. We found it extremely interesting learning about these historical buildings and began to look more closely at the features of three castle in the South West- St. Michael's Mount, Tintagel and Pendennis.
In Maths we continued our learning with money. At the end of the week we thought about problem solving with number. We used our knowledge of number to spots mistakes and explain what was wrong with a number sequence. Below are some of our thoughts.
In R.E we learned about how St.Austell helped to shape the lives of Cornish people today. After learning the story of St. Austell we created our own story boards to help us to remember this special story.
In our grammar lesson this week we focused on recognising nouns. We played an active literacy game called 'Noun Off' where we worked in twos or threes to take it in turns to name as many nouns as we could within a minute. Eventually we had to only name nouns with a given letter. It was great fun and helped us to better understand nouns whilst working with our peers.
- Please ensure your child has a full P.E kit in school at all times.
- Swimming has now begun and our last session will be Wednesday 21st January.
- Wednesday 31st January M&M productions will be performing Beauty and the Beast. There will be a letter about this sent home next week.
- Tuesday 6th February is Safer Internet Day.
- Wednesday 7th February 2:15pm there will be a phonics workshop for parents.
- Week beginning Monday 12th February is half term.