PE & Sport Premium
“We aim to be STARS”
Primary School PE and Sport Funding 2017/18
The Government has continued their funding for PE and Sport across the UK and the funding for this year is £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil for schools with 17 or more pupils.
What will Sandy Hill Academy use this funding for?
'Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years'
(DfE October 2017)
Our vision for PE and Sport at Sandy Hill Academy is that there will be:
- High quality teaching and learning across the school in all sports and physical activities.
- Children who are physically literate through possessing the fundamental movement skills.
- Children gain a good understanding of health and fitness and strive to improve this.
- Children are physically active during every day. Whether it's on the playground or during their lessons, the link between physically active children and healthy, successful children has been proven.
- Larger numbers of children taking part in extra-curricular sports clubs, intra-school competitions and in representing the school at festivals, matches and performances.
- Children gain experiences of a wider range of physical activities.
- Opportunity for children to not only play but to coach and lead physical activities or sports.