Every Aspire academy is accountable to the Trust Board. A Hub Council is perfectly positioned to facilitate this and to ensure the academies within it can realistically meet the requirements of the Trust.
Hub Councillors, in partnership with academies, communicate and work in conjunction with the Board to provide a vital link and additional level of accountability.
- Focus on consistently improving outcomes for all pupils but especially for disadvantaged pupils.
- Provide challenge and support to leaders at all levels in the Hub.
- Monitor the performance and progress of the academies in the Hub, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and monitoring the Hub Improvement Plan.
- Strategic oversight of the curriculum.
- Take all aspects of safeguarding and well -being seriously and appoint a designated Safeguarding Council member.
- Conduct an annual self- evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of the Hub Councils and academies improvement activities.
- Promote Trust vision, policies and priorities
- Councillors are confident in their evaluations and understanding, and do not shy away from challenging leaders about variations in outcomes for pupil groups, especially between disadvantaged and other pupils.
- Councillors monitor the effectiveness of the actions leaders take to secure and sustain improvements to teaching, learning and assessment and effectively hold them to account for this. This is communicated effectively to the Board and the Hub Director through the minutes of the Hub Council meetings.
- To carry out Safeguarding duties as detailed in the monitoring programme.
Sandy Hill's Hub Councillors are - Mr Bawden & Mr Hender
You may contact our Hub Councillors via telephoning the school office or by writing to them at the academy address. Please mark your envelope 'private and confidential' and it will be passed to the appropriate Hub Councillor.