10.11.17 Fireworks and Remembrance Day
This week we have continued with our exploration of Diwali and finished off decorating our Diva lamps. Wow! I'm sure you'll agree that they look amazing. We have created our own Mehndi hands by using paint and even did a spot of Indian dancing!
We made chocolate 'sparkler' biscuits and had them for our snack. We also had great fun creating our own shadows using the stick puppets and making fireworks in the play dough.
We learnt about the meaning of Remembrance Day and what the poppy represents. We joined the rest of the school in a 2 minute silence to think about the soldiers. Then we made our own paper poppies and used the correct colours for each part. To complement our learning we decorated a biscuit with a poppy by using the icing. We enjoyed eating them at snack time! Thank you for the £1 a week snack contribution which goes towards our cooking and snack costs.
- Please make sure all Nativity costumes are in school ASAP please.
- Wednesday 15th November - 2.15pm learning journey sharing afternoon.
- Friday 17th November - Children In Need. Spotty or bright colour theme clothes . 50p donation.
- Saturday 18th November - Torchlight Carnival (attendance slips have already been returned)
- Tuesday 28th November - Nativity dress rehearsal and DVD recording.
- Friday 1st December 1.30pm and Monday 4th December 9.15am - nativity. Tickets on sale from Monday 13th November.
- Wednesday 20th December - last day of term. 2pm finish
- Thursday 4th January - First day of spring term.