06.10.17 We're Going on a Gruffalo Hunt!
'The Gruffalo' by Julia Donaldson has been our story focus this week. We have been exploring the characters and using masks to retell the story. We have been making our own representations of the characters by using the play dough and developing our cutting skills to make our own Gruffalo masks. We tried on our welly boots and went on a Gruffalo Hunt around the field. We found all the characters including a Gruffalo!
We have enjoyed exploring our outside area with Mrs Bawden/ Mrs Evans' class this week. We have explored numbers, created our own large number line, created our own models using bricks and went fishing for the sounds that we have been learning in phonics this week.
- Wednesday 18th October 4.30-5.30pm - Bedtime stories (please return all letters)
- Friday 20th October - INSET day
- Week beginning 23rd October - Half term
- The dinner register will be outside the classroom before and after school each day to complete your child's meal choices for the week.
- Please make sure all your child's clothing and shoes are named.