This week we have carried on our Gingerbread Man learning. The children have enjoyed using the story characters to retell the story. Our favourite part is the repeated refrain, 'Run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man.' They have also drawn pictures of the characters and written their names using their phonic knowledge.
We are enjoying investigating our own maths problems during our freeflow playing. Eddy decided to make a stick of cubes using the multilink cubes and correctly counted that there were 69 cubes.
On the 1st December Mrs Evans introduced the Advent boxes. Each day we will open a special box with the number of the day in it and we will investigate what is inside. In box number 1 there was a bauble and the children then decorated the class Christmas tree with baubles.
- Monday 4th December - 9.15am our last Nativity performance
- The school postbox is going into the hall this week. If your child wants to write Christmas cards for children in the school, please can they put the child's name on the envelope and the class they are in so that the card goes to the correct child. All cards from the whole school go into this postbox so the class number/name is essential for the envelope or it may not get correctly delivered.
- Wednesday 20th December - last day of term. Christmas lunch day (please order this on parent pay), Christmas jumper non-uniform day and 2pm finish.
- Thursday 4th January - first day of term 8.30am start
- Please make sure that all lunches are ordered on parent pay at least the day before. If a lunch is not ordered your child will be given a jacket potato.