In Literacy this week we have started our new topic 'Night and Day'. To begin with we have been learning about animals that come out at night such as bats, owls, hedgehogs, foxes and badgers. This animals are called nocturnal animals.
We have found out our information about these nocturnal aniamls from power points, non-fiction comprehensions and the website 'All about animals.'
Here are some of the facts we found out about owls:
- Owls like to eat slimy frogs and crunchy bugs. By Reggie-Ray
- Owls live in holes in trees and old buildings like churches. By Ellie M
- Did you know owls can not move their eyes? By Jakob
- Owls can turn their heads nearly all the way around. By Jessica
- Did you know some owls snore? By Lewis
- The owl that hoots is the tawny owl. By Madison
If you want to learn more about nocturnal animals watch the power point below.
- Remember it is comic relief this Friday (15th March). Children come to school in non-uniform (red if possible).
- India Day is the last day of term (28th March). Children can come dressed in the colours of the Indian flag which is orange, white and green.