Welcome back to Year 1/2
After a long summer holiday the children came back to begin their new school year full of energy and excitement. They were keen to share their news and to find out whether the postcard they had sent to school had arrived! We have made a 'What Summer Means' display near the classroom computers....please come in and read the children's ideas.
Some of the class decided to make a holiday journal to remember all that they did over the six week break. They must have taken a very long time and are lovely records of all they did. The children have included writing, drawings, photos, leaflets, leaves and much more inside their journals. These are on display in the classroom too. Miss Bussandri and Miss Bingham were very impressed and gave each child two merits for their hard work!
Thank you to all the parents and carers for your help and support this week as we all settle into our new class routines. A few reminders:
- The classroom door will be open around 8:10am for your child to put their belongings away ready for 'Wake and Shake.'
- Reading books and records should be placed in your child's trough each morning for daily reading.
- Reading books will be changed every Monday, Wednesday and Friday providing your child's reading record has been signed.
- Spellings will be tested every Friday (beginning 14th September) and will be tested in the blue spelling book. This should be kept in your child's book bag and will be sent home so you can see how your child has got on with the spellings and dictation each week.
- Year 2 will be tested on their times tables every Thursday (beginning 13th September) and will be tested in the green tables book. This should be kept in your child's book bag and will be sent home so you can see how your child has got on with their tables each week.
- Homework will be sent home every Monday to be completed by the following Monday. A copy of the homework is displayed in the window alongside the spellings and tables lists. Please place completed homework with your child's homework diary into the blue homework box.
- P.E will be every Wednesday. Please ensure your child has a full P.E kit so they are able to participate. Kits will remain in school until half term.
- Show and tell will be on Friday. Please do not send in anything breakable or extremely valuable. Show and tell is a great opportunity for the children to share their hobbies, talents, interests and so things such as artwork, photos, certificates, photos, etc give lots of opportunities for discussion.
Finally, the school will be closed on Monday 10th September for staff INSET. It will reopen Tuesday 11th September.